Friday, March 23, 2012

Best night of my life!

WE'RE ENGAGED!!
I can't even believe this is real life. I haven't gotten off cloud nine, and I am not sure I ever will. I have never been so happy in my entire life. Danny is such an amazing guy and I am so lucky I get to spend the rest of forever with him. 

How it happened:
So Danny told me he would pick me up for a date at around 7:45. He was asking me earlier that day what I wanted to do that night, or if I had any ideas for a date. I told him I didn't care, and because I don't like making decisions, I said it was up to him. Little did I know he had something else planned. He picked me up and started driving towards the canyons. He told me to close my eyes because he wasn't sure if we were going to be able to do his idea tonight, and if it didn't work, he would want to take me back and do it next week. So I had my eyes closed for at least 10 minutes, until we stopped and he got out of the car to come and get me. I had to still have my eyes closed as we walked through grass for a little bit. (I never cheated once.. so proud). We stopped and he told me I could open my eyes. We are standing in the middle of the BYU soccer field. I was absolutely shocked. He said some really perfect things, and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! He had a candle lit dinner set up with one of my favorite dinners.. gnocchi from Gloria's little Italy. I sat down with my fiance and had the best night of my life. I still can't even believe that I am engaged! The ring won't be ready for a couple weeks, but he proposed with a family heirloom. A beautiful ring that was his grandmas, from Athens greece that means eternal love. Such a GORGEOUS ring and can't stop looking at it. I am the happiest girl in the world.

We are getting married in the Oakland temple on June 16th!











4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We are so excited over here! I can't stop smiling. I'm so glad you and Danny found each other. We can't wait for June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great night and a very fun blog post! We are all so excited for you! It's not everyday a girl gets a candlelit dinner on the BYU soccer field and a very special proposal! Can't wait til June 16th!!! Welcome to the family!
    Love, Aunt Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to read your post and see that you are still on cloud nine today, as we all are too. It was so fun to see you right after you got engaged. I've never seen you more giddy and happy. What joy you have brought to our entire family and we welcome you with open arms. Thanks for loving Danny and being the girl of his dreams. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute story! Congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete